12 oz. vanilla wafers
6 tablespoons melted butter
1 tablespoon LorAnn Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 8-oz. bricks cream cheese, room temperature or softened in the microwave for 30 seconds
6 egg whites, room temperature
1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon LorAnn Peppermint Bakery Emulsion
2 teaspoons LorAnn Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. Cover the outside of a 9" springform pan tightly with aluminum foil to prevent leaking. Spray the inside of the springform pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place the pan in the center of a large roasting pan and set aside.
3. In a blender or food processor, mix the vanilla wafers on high speed for about 30 seconds until finely ground. Transfer them to a mixing bowl and add the melted butter, salt and Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion. Stir until combined and press the crust mixture into the bottom of the springform pan.
4. In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the cream cheese, egg whites, sugar and flour. Mix on medium speed for about 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
5. Separate 1 cup of the batter. Add 2 teaspoons Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion to the separated batter and stir until combined. Set aside.
6. To the remaining batter, add 1/2 cup white chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon Peppermint Bakery Emulsion. Stir until combined.
7. Add 1/2 of the peppermint batter to the springform pan, covering the crust completely. Pipe or spoon 1/2 of the the red velvet batter on top in splatters or ribbons. Add the rest of the peppermint batter on top of the first red velvet layer. Pipe or spoon the rest of the red velvet batter on top of the peppermint batter, again in ribbons or splatters. Drag a toothpick through the batter in straight lines, to create a chevron stripe pattern throughout the cheesecake.
8. Center the filled springform pan in the bottom of the roasting pan and place it in the center of the oven. Add enough warm water to the roasting pan to come up halfway around the springform pan. Bake for about 75 minutes, uncovered, until the center is soft set, and just a bit wobbly (the wobbly part should be about the size of a quarter). Remove from the oven, remove the springform pan from the roasting pan, remove the aluminum foil. Gently run a small sharp knife along edge of the pan to loosen the cheesecake. Cool completely in the springform pan on a wire rack. Once cool, place in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours to chill - this will allow the cheesecake to set.
9. To unmold, gently run a small sharp knife around the edge of the pan. Release the latch on the side of the pan and lift the ring straight up. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days. Garnish with sprigs of mint, if desired.
RECIPE TIP: For perfectly cut pieces, use a hot knife. Fill a tall container with hot water, dip knife in water and wipe. Dry before each cut.
Share your creations with us on social media!