½ cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1.5 oz white chocolate (about 40g)
2 teaspoons LorAnn Pistachio Bakery Emulsion
1.5 cups shelled unsalted raw pistachios
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
2 shots of espresso or cold brew (about 2 ounces)
Step 1: Prepare the Pistachio Sweet Cream:
1. Combine the heavy cream and unsalted butter in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl.
2. Heat the mixture over low heat over the stove or in 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring the mixture continuously until the butter is melted and the cream starts to steam and is warmed through.
3. Once heated through, add the white chocolate and LorAnn Oils Pistachio Emulsion.
4. Stir the mixture until the white chocolate melts and everything combines well.
5. Set aside.
Step 2: Boil and Prepare the Pistachios:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the raw shelled pistachios.
2. Boil the pistachios for 4 minutes to soften them.
3. Drain the pistachios and pat them dry with a clean kitchen towel.
4. Remove any extra loose skins from the pistachios. This may take a few moments but totally worth it for a smooth and creamy texture.
Step 3: Make the Pistachio cream:
1. Combine the boiled and peeled pistachios with powdered sugar and the warm heavy cream mixture in a food processor.
2. Blend the mixture until smooth.
3. The paste should have a rich and creamy consistency.
4. The resulting mixture should be soft green in color, smooth, and free of lumps.
Step 5: Prepare the Espresso Shots and Ice Cubes:
1. Prepare 2 shots of espresso using your espresso machine or preferred method.
2. Fill a glass with ice cubes to your desired level.
Step 6: Assemble the Pistachio Iced Espresso:
1. Pour the freshly prepared espresso shots over the ice cubes in the glass.
2. Add a generous dollop of the Pistachio Sweet Cream to the glass with the espresso.
3. Pour over your favorite creamer or milk
4. Stir gently to combine the cream with the espresso, allowing the flavors to meld together.
The Pistachio Cream can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week. Cover with plastic wrap or store in a tightly sealed container to avoid the cream getting dried out.
Note: With this recipe, you'll end up with approximately 1 heaped cup (300g) of the Pistachio Iced Espresso Cream—a delightful and creamy creation enriched with LorAnn Oils Pistachio Emulsion. Store any leftover cream in the refrigerator and relish its nutty goodness for days.
Share your creations with us on social media!