Ted Lasso Biscuits
These moist and buttery cookies melt-in-your-mouth and have a bright and nutty taste with the help of the secret ingredient: LorAnn’s Almond Bakery Emulsion. Enjoy with a cup of tea or gift to someone in the iconic, small pink box just like Rebecca receives from Ted in each episode.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
⅔ cup granulated sugar, plus more for sprinkling
½ teaspoon Almond Bakery Emulsion
½ teaspoon Organic Madagascar Vanilla Bean Paste – optional for sweeter/creamier taste (will also make almond flavor more subtle)
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (can substitute with kosher salt)
2 cups all-purpose flour
1. Line an 8 by 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper with a 1-inch overhang on each side. Set aside.
2. Using a stand or hand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, mix the butter, sugar, almond emulsion, vanilla (if using), and salt, on low speed to combine, then increase to medium speed. Mix until light and creamy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add the flour and mix on low until a hydrated and crumbly dough is formed. Do not overmix.
4. Add the dough to the prepared baking pan. Lightly press it down until it evenly fills the pan. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and use the bottom of a spatula to flatten the surface.
5. Use a fork to lightly prick the surface of the dough, about 36 times, evenly spaced. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Alternatively, freeze for a maximum of 15 minutes. While dough is chilling, preheat Oven 325ºF (165ºC).
6. Bake until the surface and edges are golden brown, about 27 to 30 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. While the biscuits are still hot, use a sharp knife to cut them into rectangles of desired size. Sprinkle the surface with granulated sugar while warm, about ½-1 tablespoon.
8. Let biscuits cool completely in the pan. Carefully lift the biscuits out using the parchment paper overhang. Re-slice the lines if needed to separate them.
Makes approximately 18 biscuits, depending on size.
Share your creations with us on social media!