Red Velvet Peppermint Cookies
Make your holiday season even sweeter with these warm, gooey cookies topped with crushed peppermint and a white chocolate drizzle. Made with LorAnn's Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion and Natural Peppermint Bakery Emulsion, these cookies are bursting with bold and rich flavors that will keep you coming back for more all winter long.
¾ cup salted butter, softened
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon buttermilk
¾ tablespoon LorAnn Natural Vanilla Extract
1-2 teaspoons LorAnn Red Velvet Bakery Emulsion
¾ teaspoon LorAnn Natural Peppermint Bakery Emulsion
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ¾ cups white chocolate chips, divided
Crushed peppermints, for garnish if desired
1.Preheat your oven to 350°F.
2.Using a stand mixer with paddle attachment or a bowl with an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar for 2 minutes. The mixture should be light in color and fluffy.
3. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add in the egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract, red velvet emulsion, and peppermint emulsion. Mix until well combined.
4. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until the dough forms.
5. Fold in 1 ½ cups of the white chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
6. Scoop out the dough into 3 tablespoon portions. Arrange on a pan, allowing room to flatten and spread.
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes, the cookie will flatten and spread slightly. The center should no longer look wet and glossy.
8. Allow the cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
9, In a microwave safe bowl, melt the remaining ¼ cup of white chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted.
10. Transfer the melted chocolate into a small zip top bag and snip the corner.
11. Drizzle the melted chocolate over each cookie and garnish with some crushed peppermints. These cookies are best when served warm.
Store at room temperature for up to 3 days. The cookies can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Share your creations with us on social media!