1 cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tablespoon water
1 ½ teaspoons LorAnn Madagascar Vanilla Extract
1 ½ teaspoon LorAnn Organic Orange Bakery Emulsion
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
2 cups Renewal Mills 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour
1 teaspoon orange zest (for garnishing chocolate-dipped cookies)
½ cup semi semi-sweet chocolate
Sprinkles to top, optional
1. Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream the butter and sugar together.
2. Add in egg, water, vanilla, salt, orange emulsion, and cardamom and mix until well combined.
3. Gradually add in the flour and beat a lower speed until combined.
4. Shape the dough into a log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap the log tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for 1 ½ hours.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F and line two half sheet baking pans with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
6. Once chilled, cut the log into ¼ inch slices and place on the baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes or until very lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 - 10 minutes until firm, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely. (Tip: For perfectly round cookies, place a round glass over the warm cookies and swirl in a circular motion.)
7. In a double boiler, add in the semi-sweet chocolate chips and melt. Or microwave in 15-second intervals until melted.
8. Dip the cookies halfway into the melted chocolate and remove.
9. Return to the baking sheet to set. Drizzle with remaining melted chocolate and sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of orange zest and sprinkles (optional).
10. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Yields: about 17 cookies
Share your creations with us on social media!