Lychee Rose and White Chocolate Shortbread Cookies
It isn’t Valentine’s Day without rolling out heart shaped cookies & these lychee flavored shortbread cookies will not disappoint! This elevated twist features a classic shortbread base dipped in white chocolate & finished with a sprinkle of dried rose petals.
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
½ cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon LorAnn Pure Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon LorAnn Lychee Super-Strength Flavor
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon fine salt
1 tablespoon water (optional)
Melted white chocolate, for dipping
Dried rose petals, for sprinkling
1. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper & set aside until ready to use.
2. In a large mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and lychee. Beat until incorporated.
3. Sift in the flour & salt. Beat until dough comes together. Add water if the dough appears too crumbly. Transfer to a lightly floured surface & shape into a disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
4. On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter cut dough into 24 cookies.
5. Transfer to prepared baking sheets & bake at 350°F for 10 minutes. Let cool to room temperature before decorating.
6. To finish, dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate. Transfer back to the cookie sheet & finish with a sprinkle of dried rose petals. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to allow the chocolate to fully set.
Share your creations with us on social media!