1. In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest until pale and ﬂuffy, for about 2-3 minutes. Add in the egg, egg yolk, LorAnn Vanilla Extract, and LorAnn Lemon Bakery Emulsion and beat until fully combined.
2. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all-purpose ﬂour, baking powder, salt, and . Add this mixture to the wet ingredients gradually, beating until just incorporated. Be sure not to over-mix. Once the mixture forms into a dough, knead for about 1-2 minutes using your hands. Divide in half, shape the dough balls into discs, and wrap them in plastic wrap. Refrigerate both for around 1 hour or until ﬁrm.
3. Remove one disc from the refrigerator and allow 5-10 mins to soften. Lay a large piece of parchment paper on a work surface. Sprinkle ﬂour over it and place your dough in the center. Then, place another piece of parchment paper over top. This will make it easier roll out the dough and prevent stickiness. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is 1⁄8-inch thick.
Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Gather the scraps of dough and roll again if needed. Transfer cookies to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. If the dough is becoming hard to work with, place back in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 15-25 minutes, until ﬁrm.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Repeat steps 4 & 5 for the last disc of dough. Using a smaller cookie cutter or the end of a round piping tip, cut out holes in the middle of the cookies.
6. Place shaped cookies in the freezer for 10 minutes and transfer to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
FOR RASPBERRY JAM FILLING:
1. In a small bowl, combine the raspberry jam and 2-3 drops of LorAnn Super Strength Raspberry Flavor. On a cookie sheet, sift powdered sugar overtop the cookies with holes in them. Turn the whole cookies ﬂat side up and spoon a dollop of jam in the center and spread slightly. Finally, place the sugar-dusted cookies on top.