4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/3 cups unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1½ tsp LorAnn Cotton Candy Super-Strength
1 drop Pink (or desired color) Liquid Food Coloring
1 drop Teal (or desired color) Liquid Food Coloring
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together into a bowl.
2. Beat butter and brown and white sugars in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and cotton candy flavoring until smooth. Gradually stir in flour mixture until evenly blended.
3. Gather dough into a ball, and divide into two equal parts. Place one half in a second bowl. Add pink food coloring to dough in one bowl and teal food coloring to the dough in the other bowl. Use a fork or wooden spoon to blend food coloring into dough until evenly blended. Add additional drops of food coloring to create the desired shade.
4. Roll out pink dough to ¼-inch thickness. Roll out blue dough to ¼-inch thickness, and place on top of pink dough. Beginning on one edge, roll both doughs to make a log so the two colors spiral inside each other. Wrap log in waxed paper, then in a cotton towel, and refrigerate at least eight hours.
5. After refrigeration, preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Lightly grease two baking sheets.
6. Place sprinkles on floured surface, and roll sprinkles into log.
7. Slice the log into rounds 1/8-inch thick and place on prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake in preheated oven for five to six minutes. Watch carefully to prevent edges from browning.
9.Remove from oven and cool on racks.
Share your creations with us on social media!