1 cups sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon butter
1 tsp Tart & Sour
A few drops of LorAnn Yellow Liquid-Gel Food Color, if desired
1 tsp LorAnn Compounded Naturals Lemonade
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Stir in corn syrup, water, salt, and butter.
2. Place over medium heat and stir until sugar dissolves. Cover pan and bring to a boil for 2–3 minutes.
3. Uncover, place thermometer in pan, and cook, without stirring, to about 246° F.
4. Remove from heat and add Tart & Sour, yellow gel food coloring, and natural lemonade flavor.
5. Stir gently, pour onto lightly greased marble slab or a shallow lightly greased pan to cool.
6. When cool enough to handle, lightly butter hands, and pull the warm candy with fingertips, pulling out to about 12 inches at first.
7. Quickly turn candy back from fingertips of one hand to the other hand, then catch center and pull again. This will incorporate air into the candy. Continue pulling until taffy is light in color and has a satiny gloss, about 10–15 minutes.
8. Pull into a long rope, cut with greased scissors, and wrap in waxed paper squares, twisting ends.
This recipe can be doubled.
Share your creations with us on social media!