FOR LOLLIPOPS (x2)*:
1 cup sugar
1 cup LorAnn Hi-Sweet
¼ cup water
1 tsp. LorAnn Cola Super-Strength Flavor
3-4 drops LorAnn Brown Liquid Gel Food Coloring
*You are going to make the above two separate times.
FOR FIZZY CENTER:
1 tsp. LorAnn Citric Acid
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. confectioners' sugar
LorAnn Basic Candy Thermometer
LorAnn Silicone Lollipop Molds (2-pack)
LorAnn Large Sucker Sticks
1-2 LorAnn Food-Safe Desiccant Packs (optional)
1. Prepare the lollipop molds by placing sucker sticks into the slots. Make sure the stick reaches the half point of the mold cavity.
2. In a medium saucepan, mix together sugar, Hi-Sweet, and water. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Insert candy thermometer if using, making certain it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring. Early in the cooking process, you can "wash down" any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
3. Remove from heat precisely at 300ºF (temperature will continue rising), or until drops of syrup form hard, brittle threads in cold water. After boiling action has ceased, add flavor and color. Stir to combine. USE CAUTION WHEN ADDING FLAVORING TO AVOID RISING STEAM.
4. Pour syrup into prepared molds, only filling the lollipop mold cavities ½ full. This will be the first layer. Do not refrigerate.
5. In a small bowl, mix citric acid, baking soda, and confectioner’s sugar.
6. Once the first layer is cooled a bit, carefully put a small amount of the sugar/acid mix into the center of each lollipop mold cavity and spread out, avoiding the edges.
7. Make another batch of candy syrup and fill the cavities the rest of the way.
8. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
9. To prevent stickiness, add a food safe desiccant pack to the container.
Share your creations with us on social media!