FOR RASPBERRY INSERT:
3g LorAnn Gelatin
15 ml cold water
200g raspberry puree
40g granulated sugar
17 ml water
3 ml LorAnn Raspberry Super-Strength
FOR DARK CHOCOLATE ORANGE BRANDY MOUSSE:
130g whole milk
130g heavy cream
340g dark chocolate, chopped
3g LorAnn Orange Brandy Super-Strength
600g heavy cream
FOR MIRROR GLAZE:
19g LorAnn Gelatin
38g cold water
200g sweetened condensed milk
50g cocoa powder
350g dark chocolate
6g Organic Madagascar Vanilla Extract
FOR WHITE CHOCOLATE BASE:
Tempered colored cocoa butter
Tempered white chocolate (the amount will depend on the size of cavity you are using
FOR RASPBERRY INSERT:
1. Place silicone mold onto ¼ sheet. This will make transporting to the freezer much easier.
2. Sprinkle gelatin over 15 ml of water and allow to bloom for 10 minutes.
3. In a small saucepan, add raspberry puree, sugar, water, raspberry flavoring, and bring to boil.
4. Remove from heat and add the bloomed gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved.
5. Pour into cavities of silicone mold, taking care to pour an equal amount into each cavity.
FOR ORANGE BRANDY CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
1. In a microwave safe bowl, add whole milk and heavy cream. Heat in microwave until it reaches a simmer.
2. Add chopped chocolate to hot cream mix and allow to sit for 2 minutes.
3. Once the chocolate has melted, stir until mixture is fully combined and all chocolate pieces are melted.
4. Add orange brandy flavoring and stir well.
5. Place chocolate in refrigerator, mixing periodically, until the temperature reaches 45 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Once the chocolate is properly cooled, add 600g of heavy cream to bowl of stand mixer.
7. Using the whisk attachment, beat heavy cream until it is a firm consistency.
8. On low speed, whip chocolate into the cream by adding a little at a time, occasionally stopping to scrape the sides of the bowl.
9. Once all of the chocolate has been added and no streaks remain, you are ready for the first part of assembly.
INSERT AND MOUSSE ASSEMBLY:
1. Select silicone molds larger than your insert.
2. Fill each cavity ¾ full with the mousse. Tap the molds on the counter to help loosen air bubbles.
3. Push one insert into the middle of each cavity.
4. Top with additional mousse.
5. Tap to remove air bubbles and scrape with flat, offset spatula to level each cavity.
6. Place in freeze for at least 8 hours to set.
FOR CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
1. Temper colored cocoa butter and paint into molds. Allow to set.
2. Pour tempered white chocolate into mold so it is approximately ¼ cm thick. Allow to set.
3. Remove from mold and set aside, colored side up.
FOR MIRROR GLAZE:
1. Sprinkle gelatin over cold water and allow to bloom for at least 5 minutes.
2. In microwave safe container, add sweeten condensed milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and water. Heat in microwave for 1 minute. Stir until sugar is dissolved and everything is completely combined.
3. Add chocolate to separate microwave safe container and melt using 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval.
4. Once the chocolate is completely melted, add to heated liquid mixture along with the gelatin, and stir until it is one homogenous mixture. Stir in vanilla extract.
5. Pour through fine sieve into a clean container. This will remove bits of chocolate and gelatin that hasn’t melted and remove air bubbles that will mar your poured finish.
6. Place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the glaze and allow to cool until it reaches 90 degrees Fahrenheit before pouring.
7. Once the glaze has cooled to 90 degrees Fahrenheit, prep an area to pour by placing a wire rack into a ½ sheet pan.
8. Remove the frozen mousse from the freezer and pop each piece out of the mold. Place frozen pieces onto wire rack.
9. Pour mirror glaze over the top each piece taking care that the mirror glaze covers all sides. You will need to work quickly.
10. Before the glaze sets completely, use a small offset spatula to pick up each piece and another to wipe any threads of the glaze that hang from the bottom.
11. Place completed piece onto chocolate base.
12. Place in refrigerator.
Share your creations with us on social media!