2 tablespoons of butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup flour
1.5 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1.5 teaspoon LorAnn Maple Bakery Emulsion
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk
2 cups apple cider
1 cup powdered sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs for three minutes, until the mixture has lightened in color and is light and fluffy.
3. Beat in sour cream and maple flavoring.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Alternate adding the dry goods and milk in small batches, until both are fully incorporated.
5. Place batter in a pipping bag. Pipe into a greased donut pan. Fill about halfway up the center of the mold.
6. Bake for 10 minutes for large donuts and 6 minutes for mini donuts.
1. While the donuts are baking, pour the apple cider into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil and let simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. You will reduce the mixture to about ¼ cup of syrup.
2. Set to the side and let cool while you finish baking the donuts.
3. When ready, whisk the syrup with 1 cup of powdered sugar. If the mixture is too thick, slowly add in your milk a ½ tablespoon at a time.
4. Dip the donuts into the glaze, flip them glaze size up on a drying rack.
For extra flavor and texture, sprinkle on some chopped pecans.
Share your creations with us on social media!