1 Package Phyllo Sheets, defrosted
1 cup milk
1 cup sugar
1 cup melted butter (2 sticks)
1 tsp LorAnn Almond Bakery Emulsion
1 cup sugar
½ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease a 9 x 13-inch oven-safe casserole baking dish with neutral flavored cooking spray and put aside.
3. Working with 2 phyllo sheets at a time, fold them accordion style along the longer edge with a width of 1.5 inches. Roll the folded sheet along its length to form a rose. Place this in the greased baking dish. Repeat until all the phyllo sheets are used up.
4. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle the melted butter over the phyllo roses. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
5. Whisk together eggs, 1 cup sugar, milk, and almond emulsion until the sugar is dissolved. Pour custard over the phyllo roses. Return to the oven and bake for another 30-35 minutes until the custard has set and the phyllo is golden color.
6. While the cake is baking, make the syrup by simmering 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water. Simmer for ~10-15 minutes until the syrup is a little thickened. Once the cake is out of the oven, immediately pour the syrup over the cake and sprinkle ground pistachios. This cake is best enjoyed immediately.
Share your creations with us on social media!